Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Dress

I think that it's predictable to start with the "big white" dress but I'm not trying to live up to anyone's standards here and I love a great wedding dress. I will start by saying that strapless is NOT my thing. Everyone does it, and it's just SO boring. There are so many options that have a sleeve of lace (of course, Catherine had this and it is sure to be everywhere now) or a halter or GASP... a long sleeve! I really like Jenny Packham's dresses. I will show you a few of my favorites.


 
All by Jenny Packham
Her dresses are so classy and still sexy. J'adore! I could wear any one of them getting married say in... Monet's Garden?  With Chinese lanterns littered all around up high in the trees.  A small gathering of friends and family. Crepes served fresh from the pan, sweet and savory... I could go on and on and on.






Vintage anything is inspiring to me but I think it would be fun to do a mix of modern and vintage, maybe with a 40s feel to the party or 30s but a non traditional party, with say no sit down dinner. The dress will def. have a vintage feel.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely dresses! I agree with you about the strapless thing, too. But i don't like the long-sleeved dress. I don't disapprove of long-sleeved dresses in general, just that one. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete